The City of Kawartha Lakes is seeking individuals to fulfill the part-time positions of:
CUPE 855 - Inside
$20.84 - $21.86
Reports to: Fitness Coordinator
Locations: Lindsay Recreation Complex
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
This posting will remain open for six months to cover off all vacancies which occur during that time period. All candidates will be contacted for a telephone screening interview upon receipt of their resume.
- Prepare and conduct fitness classes
- Set up/take down of equipment as required to conduct classes
- Maintain accurate attendance records
- Complete pertinent forms
- Attend staff meetings
- Promote division health and wellness programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Can-Fit-Pro FIS current certification
- Experience instructing a variety of “styles” of fitness classes (step, hi/low, muscle conditioning, stretch/relaxation, cycle etc.)
- Previous experience in recreation and/or fitness environment
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal and leadership skills
- For skills specific trainers, specific certifications are required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet and other related software
- Upon a conditional offer of employment, a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Search, will be required
Applicants must be prepared for skills testing.
Interested applicants are invited to apply in confidence prior to March 30, 2017 to:
Human Resources Officer
City of Kawartha Lakes
P.O. Box 9000, 28 Francis Street
Lindsay, ON, K9V 5R8
Or e-mail to email@example.com
Please quote position title and job number on your submission.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Date posted: September 27, 2016