Registered Nurse - Victoria Manor
The City of Kawartha Lakes is seeking individuals to fulfill the Part-time position of:
Registered Nurse - Victoria Manor
O.N.A. - ($30.17 – $43.61)
Job # 16-508
Reports to: Director of Care
- Practices as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, adhering to standards of the Ministry of Health, the College of Nurses of Ontario, and the policies of the Home;
- Maintains knowledge of and promotes in all aspects of resident care the Resident Bill of Rights and resident-centered care;
- Supervises, directs and supports the practice of Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers;
- Assists in developing, interpreting, and implementing philosophy, initiatives, plans, policies and procedures for nursing services;
- Liaises with Director of Care and Associate Director of Care to ensure consistency of application of policy and standards with the Nursing Department;
- Assists the Director of Care in scheduling and conducting in-service programs and developing new policy and education around meeting issues of legislative and professional compliance;
- Coordinates and facilitates communication among the nursing staff, physician, pharmacy, other allied health professionals and life enrichment staff to ensure a multi-discipline approach to resident care issues;
- Participates in resident care conferences;
- Participates in orientation of new staff and performs probationary performance evaluations;
- Participates in quality improvement and risk management, including leadership of initiatives as assigned; conducts ongoing audits for effectiveness;
- Documents in accordance with legislative and professional standards;
- Assists with drug compression on the units;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario with current license to practice
- Excellent critical thinking, advocacy and proven leadership skills
- Experience in Long Term Care and understanding of Long Term Care legislation an asset
- Effective oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Must be able to work varying shifts and weekends.
Hours of Work
- Shifts are subject to change;
- Overtime may be required;
- Weekend work is involved;
- Must be willing to work day, evening and night shifts as assigned.
Applicants must be prepared for skills testing.
Interested applicants are invited to apply in writing by putting letter of application to Victoria Manor on or before December 31, 2016 to:
Human Resources Generalist, City of Kawartha Lakes, Victoria Manor
220 Angeline Street, South Lindsay, ON K9V 0J8
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the Position Title and Job Posting Number, on your submission.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Date posted: January 26, 2016