- Early Registration for Milk Run and KL21k ending soon
- April 28, 2017 - The 39th Annual Lindsay Milk Run is scheduled to take place on Sunday July 16, 2017 at the Lindsay Recreation Complex. The Milk Run features both 5k and 10k routes. New for 2017 will be the addition of a KL21k Half Marathon Division presented in partnership with Jamie Schmale MP Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock. The Half Marathon division will feature a scenic route starting in Cameron and heading along the Victoria Rail Trail corridor into Lindsay connecting up with Lindsay Milk Run Route and ending at the Lindsay Recreation Complex. Sponsor VIA Rail Canada has graciously provided two promotional travel vouchers valued at $1250 each to be awarded to the top male and female finisher in the 21k division.
- Earth Week in Kawartha Lakes a resounding success
- April 28, 2017 - Last week residents, businesses, staff and partners participated in various Earth Week initiatives throughout the City.
- Seniors Serving Seniors in Kawartha Lakes
- April 28, 2017 - On Thursday June 1, Victoria Manor is teaming up with United Way to kick off Seniors' Month. This year marks the 33rd annual Seniors' Month in Ontario and the theme is "Living Your Best Life". Throughout the month of June, seniors across Ontario will be celebrated and recognized for various achievements.
- Summer landfill hours and Paint-Reuse program begin May 1
- April 28, 2017 - From May 1 to October 15 you can pick up paint to bring home, or bring your leftover paint to the Fenelon Falls or Lindsay Ops landfill Hazardous Waste Depots as part of the Drop in the Bucket Paint Reuse program. This program makes usable paints and stains available to residents for free and keeps them from being disposed of unnecessarily.
- Lindsay announced as test area for the Basic Income pilot project
- April 25, 2017 - Yesterday Premier Kathleen Wynne announced the Ontario government's commitment to evaluate a Basic Income pilot project in Ontario. The three year pilot will test how a basic income might improve the health, education and job prospects of those living on low incomes.