City makes two key appointments to senior management team
Effectively immediately Bryan Robinson is appointed to the full-time position of Director of Public Works, while Juan Rojas has been appointed to the position of Director of Engineering and Assets effective January 1, 2016.
Both have been serving in acting director roles since earlier this summer. Mr. Rojas will continue as acting Director of Development Services until the end of the year.
“Both Bryan and Juan bring a lot of experience in their respective departments and will be key members of our organization as we move forward,” said CAO Ron Taylor. “I have worked with both Bryan and Juan and look forward to our continued collaborative approach.”
Mr. Robinson has been a key member of the City’s Public Works department since 2012 as Manager of Capital Projects within the Environmental Services Division.
“We have a great group of dedicated staff here at the City. This is a fantastic opportunity to help lead the Public Works department and our organization through an exciting period of improvement and development,” said Mr. Robinson. “I am thrilled to take on this new role during a truly exciting time for our municipality.”
Mr. Rojas started with the City in 2010 as Manager of Engineering Services and brings more than 15 years of experience in municipal engineering, design, construction, project coordination and management of numerous commercial and residential developments and capital works projects.
“There will be a lot of opportunities for development and synergies with the new Engineering and Assets department,” explained Mr. Rojas. “I’m excited to be part of this organization and look forward to helping lead change through this newly established department.”
As part of Tuesday’s announcement Mr. Taylor announced a number of internal changes as part of the City’s organizational realignment.
- Beginning January 1, 2016 the Engineering Division will be removed from Development Services and established as a stand-alone department called Engineering and Assets. Asset Management staff and public works engineering technicians will also be moved into this new department under Mr. Rojas. This department will also be the liaison for the Kawartha Lakes Municipal Airport.
- The City’s Economic Development Department will be established as a division within the revised Development Services Department.
- Effective January 1, 2016 the Health and Social Services Department will be renamed Human Services to better reflect and encompass the mandate of the department.
- Effective January 1, the City’s Senior Licensing Officer will be reassigned to the Clerk’s office while the Cemetery Administrator will report to the Parks and Open Space Supervisor while remaining within Community Services.
- The City is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Development Services and will also be positing for the new Manager of Economic Development position.
“Our goal through the organizational realignment remains ensuring we have the right resources in the right areas of our corporation to maximize internal synergies and provide key services to our residents and businesses,” said Mr. Taylor.
For more information please contact:
705-324-9411 Ext. 1355