Classics on Kent rolls into town July 12
“This event is too important to Lindsay and to our residents, visitors and downtown merchants,” explained Lindsay BIA President Charlie McDonald. “After discussions with a lot of people we felt we needed to step forward and continue the event.”
Earlier in May, the Lindsay & District Chamber of Commerce announced they would not be organizing the event in 2015 after many successful years of putting on one of the area’s largest events and attractions.
“It was time for the Lindsay Chamber to focus on other areas and the BIA is a natural fit for taking over this event,” said Mayor Andy Letham. “Classics on Kent brings tens of thousands of people to our community and is one of the largest classic car shows in the province. It is extremely fitting and appropriate that Lindsay’s BIA would take over the organizing of this event to ensure its ongoing success for years to come.”
While not a City event, Mayor Letham said the City, along with the Chamber of Commerce would be assisting the BIA in 2015 as a transition year.
“We want to ensure Classics on Kent is as big a success as it can be and we are happy to provide support in this as a transition year,” said Mayor Letham.
“We are grateful for the support we have received from the community and from Mayor Letham and his office in ensuring Classics on Kent continues,” added Mr. McDonald. “We can’t wait to welcome everyone back to downtown Lindsay for what is sure to be a fantastic event.”
For more information please contact:
Administrator | Lindsay Downtown BIA