Environment Canada issues Extended Heat Warning for Kawartha Lakes
Kawartha Lakes offers plenty of options to stay cool during the hot weather, including:
- 6 Service Centres – Stop by one of the City’s air-conditioned facilities. For operating hours, view the Service Centres webpage.
- 15 Libraries – Visit one of the many libraries located throughout City of Kawartha Lakes. For operating hours, please visit the Libraries webpage. While you are there, check out the many services they have to offer.
- Beaches –Beach locations are listed on www.explorekawarthalakes.com. Before swimming at any of the local beaches, first check with the Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes Pine Ridge District Health Unit or call 1-866-888-4577 to ensure that the beach is safe for swimming.
- Indoor Pools – Residents can cool down in one of the City’s two indoor pools located in Lindsay and Bobcaygeon. For more information and swim times, view the Public Swimming Schedule.
- Splash Pads – The City has two splash pads located in Lindsay at Elgin Park, 162 Angeline Street North and the other in Bobcaygeon at Tommy Anderson Park, 94 Dunn Street. Pack some drinks, snacks, sunscreen and make an afternoon of it.
For more information contact:
Marketing and Advertising Officer, Communications, Advertising and Marketing
705-324-9411 extension 1339