Ministry warns of potential flooding along Gull River
A Watershed Conditions Statement – Flood Outlook remains in effect for the rest of Bancroft District.
Kawartha Conservation reports that water levels and flows are consistent with seasonal averages and no flooding within the Kawartha Conservation boundary is expected at this time.
The Ministry of Natural Resources is cautioning the public about the potential for flooding and dangerous conditions near waterways due to considerable rainfall amounts predicted today and continuing through Friday.
Local streams and rivers may become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts and bridges. In addition, stream banks may become slippery and unstable. Children should be warned to stay away from all watercourses.
Sandbags and supplies are available at the following locations
- Bobcaygeon depot (62 Duke St.) Limited sandbags available for pickup, sandbags and sand available to fill yourself
- Coboconk Public Works depot (2863 County Road #48) Limited sandbags available for pickup, sandbags and sand available to fill yourself
- Burnt River Public Works depot (90 County Road #44) Sandbags and sand available to fill yourself
- Dalton Recreation Centre (13 Rumohr Drive) Sandbags and sand available to fill yourself
- Carden Works depot (12 Lake Dalrymple Road) Sandbags and sand available to fill yourself
- Chisholm Trail Road (top of hill before bridge to Black River Road) – Sandbags and sand available to fill yourself.
For more information please contact:
Manager of Communications, Advertising and Marketing
705-324-9411 Extension 1355