Public input invited on City of Kawartha Lakes’ Arena Rationalization Strategy
In keeping with the City’s overall mandate to ‘right size’ services and consolidate assets, in December 2015 Council directed staff to prepare an arena rationalization strategy. The strategy recommended the following:
- Closing of two single pad arenas no sooner than the 2017 ice season
- Closure of four additional single pad arenas by 2026
- Construction of two new twin pad arenas by 2026
As a result of this strategy, the City will be served by 3 twin pad arenas and 2 single pad arenas in 2026, representing a reduction from 10 to 8 ice surfaces.
To implement this strategy, Parks, Recreation and Culture staff require criteria and an assessment process to select:
- The single pad arenas that will be decommissioned and the order of priority for their decommissioning
- Locations for the two new twin pad arenas
Community members are invited to attend a Community Forum at the Lindsay Recreation Complex, 133 Adelaide St. S., Lindsay on Tuesday, April 26 at 7:00 pm.
For questions please contact Jenn Johnson, Manager, Parks, Recreation and Culture Division, City of Kawartha Lakes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 -
For further information, please contact:
Manager, Parks, Recreation and Culture Division
City of Kawartha Lakes
705-324-9411 extension 1350