- Heat Emergencies
- Tips for when the thermometer rises!
- The scoop on snow shoveling
- While shoveling snow can be good exercise, it can also be hazardous for optimistic shovelers who take on more than they can handle. Kawartha Lakes Paramedic Service offers the following tips to help you get a handle on safe shoveling.
- Stay safe in cold weather
- It's important to prepare before heading outside in the cold weather. Whether you're heading out for a quick trip or participating in outdoor activities, it is important to take the appropriate precautions.
- When exposed to cold temperatures, your body begins to lose heat faster than it can be produced.
- Halloween Safety Tips
- It’s important to keep all of our “trick-or- treaters” safe on Halloween. Kawartha Lakes Paramedic Service offers tips on how to keep the little ones safe.
- First Aid Tips