10 Year Housing and Homelessness Plan
The City of Kawartha Lakes as Service Manager for both the City of Kawartha Lakes and the County of Haliburton is required to develop a 10 year Housing and Homelessness Plan (“The Plan”) under the Housing Services Act, 2011. The Plan will establish priorities for housing and homelessness services based on targeted consultations and research.
The Plan will enable the City to:
- Create a long term community vision, shared goals, agreed upon priorities and strategies for a continuum of housing and homelessness services;
- Improve access to adequate, suitable and affordable housing;
- Coordinate and integrate housing and homelessness services to assist families and individuals;
- Assist in determination of housing and homelessness funding including but not limited to priorities and processes
- Prepare for future senior government funding and partnership opportunities;
- Make recommendations on process and structure of service delivery within the Corporation and with the City’s delivery partners.
The Plan will include a three-year Action Plan, which will focus on the most immediate phase of detailed activities to affect change, maximize service improvements and funding efficiencies.
Housing & Homelessness Plan - Annual Reports
- Housing & Homelessness Plan 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- Housing & Homelessness Plan 2014 Annual Report (PDF)
Housing & Homelessness Plan – Final Plan
- Housing and Homelessness Plan 2014-2023 – Overview (PDF)
- Building Strong Communities: Housing and Homelessness Plan 2014-2023 (PDF)
- Draft HHP – Sept. 26 2013 Presentation – Designing Inclusive Neighbourhoods and Livable Communities Forum (PDF)
Background Reports and Studies
- Project Definition Document (PDF)
- Long Term Affordable Housing Strategy (PDF)
- Provincial Housing Policy Statement (PDF)
- Haliburton County Housing Needs Study (PDF)
- 2006 Kawartha Lakes Housing Strategy –Background Report : Housing Need and Demand and Housing Supply Analysis (PDF)
- Housing Today – Awareness Publication (PDF)
Housing & Homeless Plan - Key Informant Consultations
- Access to Permanent Housing Committee Consultation (PDF)
- Haliburton County Service Provider Network Consultation (PDF)
- Housing Provider Consultation (PDF)
Housing & Homelessness Plan – Community Consultation
The City of Kawartha Lakes along with Tim Welch Consulting has been actively conducting consultations with key community stakeholders and service provider groups from November 2012 to June 2013. Extensive information has been gathered to help guide the development of the draft HHP.
The City of Kawartha Lakes along with Tim Welch Consulting Inc. would like to thank all those who participated in the Community Consultations which took place in Lindsay and Coboconk on June 13th. The much valued feedback and suggestions will be considered during the completion of the draft HHP over the next couple of months.
If you missed the Consultation, you can view the presentation here.
Any further suggestions or feedback can be supplied to the City at the following email address: email@example.com
Housing & Homeless Plan - Coordinating Committee
- January 22, 2013 - Presentation (PDF)
- January 22, 2013 - Meeting Notes (PDF)
- April 19, 2013 - Presentation (PDF)
- April 19, 2013 - Meeting Notes (PDF)
For more information please contact the City of Kawartha Lakes: 705-324-6401 x 3103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org