Personal tools
You are here: Home / Residents / Parks, Recreation & Culture / Rent a Facility / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Filed under: ,

How do I rent a hall?

Contact the Facility Booking Clerk at 705-324-9411 ext. 1226 to enquire about facilities, dates, fees and to make your booking. Once confirmed a contract will be sent to you to sign along with any additional forms required for the event.


Fees vary by facility. Depending on the type of event you are having an hourly or day rate will apply. Contact the Facility Booking Clerk for details.

When do I pay for my hall rental?

A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your booking. The balance of your rental and any extra fees are due 2 weeks prior to your event.

What is included in my hall rental?

Tables, chairs, one set up per booking and clean up after your event.

When can I have access to the hall to decorate?

Generally you can access the hall the day of your booking. Arrangements need to be made with staff at least one week prior to set up to access the hall. All decorations must be removed by the end of your event.

What other charges may apply to my hall rental?

Insurance - In certain circumstances as deemed necessary by the Parks, Recreation and Culture division, users may be required to obtain additional insurance and pay for the costs involved. An example of this type of insurance would be the liability coverage for alcohol service.

Special Occasion Permit - A special occasion permit is required if a group plans to serve liquor at an event held in a public hall. They may obtain an application form from the Liquor Licence Board of Ontario head office or any Liquor Control Board of Ontario outlet. The completed form should be submitted, together with the permit fee and levy and any other information which may be required, to the Board.

SOCAN - SOCAN is the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada. Under an act of Canadian Parliament, SOCAN is empowered to grant a license where the performance and use of copyright music at functions such as dances, conventions, receptions and similar events, occurs. The City collects the appropriate fees from users and forwards them to SOCAN.

Pay Duty Police and/or Security Coverage - At the discretion of facility management, the lessee may be required to provide pay duty police officers and/or security coverage at their expense.

Kitchen or Bar - Some facilities may have extra charges to use the kitchen or bar area.

Extra Clean Up - In certain circumstances as deemed necessary by the Parks, Recreation and Culture division and extra charges may apply for additional clean up requirements.

Who operates the bar?

In most cases the bar is operated by the lessee, which includes following the requirements of the Municipal Alcohol Policy and the Special Occasion Permit (PDF).

Related content
Rent a Facility

Document Actions

Share |

Connect to Rec