The City of Kawartha Lakes issues business licences, charitable gaming licences, and liquor licence approvals. Unfortunately, we do not issue Drivers’ Licences, Hunting and Gaming Licences, please contact the Service Ontario for further information on these services.
The businesses listed below require a municipal licence. By-Laws and Application forms can be downloaded or obtained from any municipal Service Centre.
For the safety and security of all dogs, each owner is required to register their pet in accordance with by-law 2012-209 (Corporation of the City of Kawartha Lakes). Please complete this form and submit with a copy of a veterinarian’s certificate of rabies vaccination, proof of dog’s altered state, if applicable, and appropriate registration fee to any Municipal Service Centre or library branch within the City of Kawartha Lakes.
- Dog Tag Registration Form (PDF) (Word)
- Dog Tag Replacement Form (PDF) (Word)
- Dog Regulation By-law 2012-209 (PDF)
Municipal Business Licences
Seasonal Trailer Park
- Refreshment Vehicle Licence Application (PDF)
- 2016-245 Licence Regulate and Govern Refreshment Vehicle Businesses (PDF)
Fireworks Sales Licence
Motor Vehicle Racing Facility
- Motor Vehicle Racing Facility Licence Application (PDF)
- Motor Vehicle Racing Events and Facilities By-law 2013-194 (PDF)
Taxicab and Limousine
- Taxicab and Limousine Driver Licence Application (PDF)
- Taxicab and Limousine Business Licence Application (PDF)
- Taxicab and Limousine Broker Licence Application (PDF)
- Taxicab and Limousine Vehicle Licence Application (PDF)
- Taxi and Limousine By-Law 2016-160 (PDF)
- Adult Entertainment Establishment Licence Application (PDF)
- Adult Entertainment Performers Licence Application (PDF)
- Adult Entertainment Book and Video Store By-law 2013-192 (PDF)
- Adult Entertainment Parlours By-law 2013-193 (PDF)
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) authorizes the City of Kawartha Lakes to issue charitable gaming licences to charitable, not-for-profit organizations that demonstrate an eligible mandate, including:
- relief of poverty
- advancement of education
- advancement of religion
- other charitable purposes beneficial to the community
Organizations must submit an eligibility package to the City and receive approval prior to applying for a charitable gaming licence.
To apply for eligibility, please complete the Eligibility Application and submit with a non-refundable $25.00 fee.
The City facilitates the municipal approval process for new liquor licence applications and temporary extensions to licenced areas. To obtain an application for the sale or service of alcohol, contact the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario or your local LCBO store. As part of the completion of your application, you will be required to notify and/or obtain clearance from the City of Kawartha Lakes for liquor sales licences and temporary liquor licence extensions.
Effective January 1, 2017, the City of Kawartha Lakes will introduce a new fee for service for the processing of municipal liquor licence approvals. The fees are as follows: New Liquor Licence Applications - $100.00 per application, Temporary Extension to Licenced Areas - $50.00 for each application.
Questions regarding this fee may be forwarded to Alix Hick, Senior Licensing Officer at email@example.com or 705-324-9411 ext. 1343
Alix Hick, Senior Licensing Officer
City of Kawartha Lakes
26 Francis Street
Lindsay ON K9V 5R8
705.324.9411 ext. 1343