Please be advised that CKL PW – Roads Operations division had to close Simcoe St. (from Woodville Rd 9 to Brock Con. 14) and Linden Valley Rd (from McIndoos Cemetery Rd to Simcoe St.) on Saturday, October 15, 2016 at around 2.00 pm, due to a fuel spill on Durham region’s part of Simcoe St. This was done to keep traffic away from the clean up area.
For further information, please contact John Rychel, Roads Area Supervisor, at 705-324-9411 x 3515.
- Please be advised that both roads, Pearns Rd. and Country Lane will reopen on Tuesday, October 11, 2016.
From May 10, 2016 to November 30, 2016, there will be a bridge replacement over Pearns Creek (just South of Pearns Rd.) on Hwy 35.
From July 4, 2016 to October 15, 2016, a section of Wild Turkey Rd. in Manvers Twp. will be closed for road construction.
From July 22, 2016 to October 31, 2016, Elgin St. & William St. N in Lindsay will be closed for road reconstruction. The closing is staged as follows:
- Elgin St. (between Victoria Ave. N & William St. N.): July 22 – October 31, 2016
- From August 2, 2016 to October 15, 2016, in Lindsay, Vimy St. will be closed (between Albert St. S and Adelaide St. S, as per attached Traffic Control Plan) for road construction.
- From Spring 2016 to Fall 2016, Highway 7A will be closed from Highway 35 junction easterly to Bethany for pavement rehabilitation & culverts improvements.
From Tuesday, October 4, 2016 to Tuesday, October 18, 2016, the intersection of Victoria Ave N and Elgin St in Lindsay will be closed for installation of a new storm line and catch basins.
- From Friday, October 7, 2016 to Monday, October 24, 2016, in Lindsay, Adelaide St N. (between Colborne St W and Fairview Ct) and the intersection of Adelaide St N. and Colborne St W. will be closed for installation of a new sanitary sewer.
On October 18, 2016, in Fenelon Twp., Elm Tree Rd. will be closed (between Islay Rd. and Chamber’s Rd.) between 8:30 am and 2:30 pm, for a cross culvert replacement.
- On October 29, 2016, in Lindsay, a portion of Victoria Ave N. and south lane of Kent St. W. will be closed from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm for the first Kids Halloween Costume Parade.
- On Sunday, October 30, 2016, between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm portions of Lindsay St. S, Logie St. and Dobson St. in Lindsay will be closed for Kawartha Runs.
On November 11, 2016, in Omemee, a portion of King St. (Hwy. 7) will be closed between 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. for the annual Remembrance Day Parade, organized by the RCL Br.497.
On Thursday, November 10, 2016 from 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm, there will be rolling road closures of portions of Colborne St and Francis St. W. in Fenelon Falls for Candlelight Tribute.
On Friday, November 11, 2016 portions of Lindsay St (CKL 121), Colborne St and Francis St. W. in Fenelon Falls will be closed from 10:30 am to 11:00 am, for Remembrance Day Parade.
- On November 26, 2016, in Fenelon Falls, Water St. & Lindsay St. (CKL 121) will be closed for the annual Santa Day, organized by the Fenelon Falls Chamber of Commerce, from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm for Water St. Daytime Activities and from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm for Lindsay St. Parade.
- On Saturday, December 10, 2016 between 4:45 pm and 6:30 pm portions of Prince St./Main St./Bolton St./Canal St./King St. in Bobcaygeon will be closed for the annual Santa Claus Parade, organized by the Kinette Club of Bobcaygeon.