Bag Limits and Pre-Paid Tags
Weekly Curbside Waste Set Out Limit
The City of Kawartha Lakes has a weekly curbside waste limit per household:
- 2 standard-sized garbage bags (oversized bags are counted as two)
- 40 lbs or 18 kg per bag
Additional Bags Required
If you have more than two bags to put out, those additional bags require a special pre-paid bag tag. Tags are $3 each and are sold in sheets of 5 for $15 and 10 for $30. Pre-paid bag tags are available at all City Municipal Service Centres, local libraries and participating retail locations.
- When using a bag tag, wrap it around the neck of the garbage bag and stick the ends together to form a ‘flag’.
- If using containers, attach tag to top of garbage bag and ensure all tags are visible.
- Pre-paid tags are not for use on leaf and yard waste. (Visit Leaf and Yard Waste for more information.)
- Untagged bags exceeding the two bag limit will not be collected.
- Waste collection drivers do not carry tags and cannot accept cash.
- As residents already receive curbside waste collection, $3 per standard-sized garbage bag is charged at all City landfill sites.