Multi-residential buildings are defined as residences with six or more units.
Multi-Residential Education Program
The City is implementing a recycling education program for multi-residential buildings. This program is dedicated to helping you as an owner, manager or superintendent to increase recycling at your building.
Participation is as easy! Call 705-324-9411, (888-822-2225), ext. 1158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Schedule a site visit
- Ask for a “Recycling More Handbook” (for property owners)
- Receive recycling information materials for yourself and your tenants
7:00 a.m set out at the curb
Property managers, if you are uncertain of your building’s curbside waste set out limits, please contact City staff at 705-324-9411 or 1-888-822-2225, ext. 1158.
There is no limit on the amount of recyclables your building can put out curbside in 65 and 95 gallon roll-out carts.
- Please ensure all items in your container recycling cart are rinsed of residue
- Make sure all cardboard is broken down into manageable bundles no larger than the size of a green box. Maximum size 2ft X 2ft X 2ft or 61cm X 61cm X 61cm
- Oversized materials hinder the operation of collection vehicles and will be left behind. Bagged recycling will not be collected
Too much garbage and recycling?
If your multi-residential building is producing more than the weekly set out limit, private waste haulers are available to handle the larger quantities.
A new landfill load inspection program has been implemented to encourage your participation in diversion programs.