A Re-Use Centre is located at the Fenelon landfill site to help reduce waste and extend the life of Waste Management Facilities (landfills) in the City of Kawartha Lakes. The Reuse Centre accepts donations of used items, which are then re-sold for a nominal fee.
Items Accepted include:
- Furniture such as couches, chairs, tables, desks
- Dishes, utensils, pots, pans
- Books, records, VCR Tapes, CDs and DVDs
- Miscellaneous items i.e. doors, windows, glass
- Novelty items or ‘antique-type’ items (door knobs, milk cans, pumps)
- Memorabilia, paraphernalia and collectibles
Items Not Accepted include:
- Electrical appliances. These items are accepted as electronic recycling only.
City Re-Use Centre is for residential waste only. Industrial and Commercial waste will not be accepted.