Steps to Follow at Landfills
By following the steps listed below, your trip to any City landfill will be pleasant, convenient and quick.
- Upon your arrival, please immediately report to the scale house where an attendant will be happy to help you.
- Once the attendant has indicated where you are to dispose of materials, follow the directions correctly.
- Please follow all signage posted at the sites.
- Make sure you know where your materials should be placed. If in doubt, ask!
- Once you’ve completed dropping off your material, return to the scale house where the attendant will issue a receipt.
There is zero tolerance for:
- Illegal dumping
- Abuse – verbal or physical
When visiting, please dress appropriately. Ideal attire to wear:
- Proper foot wear (Certified safety foot wear is best)
- Pants and a shirt (Bulky clothing may become hooked on items)
For your safety...
- Children and pets must remain in the vehicle.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Always watch where you are and how close to the curb you get.
- Always be aware of where the landfill equipment is at all times. Never get close to the machines.
- Do not stand on tailgates.
Residents and commercial haulers are reminded to ensure that loads being brought to City landfill sites are properly tarped. Untarped loads are illegal and a significant source of roadside litter. Please tarp every load.