Tipping Fees at Waste Management Facilities (landfills):
- Tipping fees are based on weight; if scales are not operative an alternative fee will apply.
- Bags larger than 24” X 36” count as two bags.
- Methods of payment include cash, Visa, MasterCard or debit
- To apply for a City of Kawartha Lakes Business Account, please call the City’s Finance Department at 705-324-9411.
- Personal cheques are not accepted.
No Charge to Residents:
- Brush and yard waste (up to 3 inches or 75 mm in diameter). (Grass clippings, sod and root balls excluded.)
- White goods (washers, dryers, certified Freon-free refrigerators/freezers).
- Metal items, propane tanks and car batteries.
- Household Hazardous Waste (brought to Lindsay Ops and Fenelon landfill sites only).
- All container (blue box) and fibre (greenbox) recyclables
- Batteries and printer cartridges
Fee Schedule at Waste Management Facilities (landfills)
- All standard size bags of garbage are $3.00 per bag
- Industrial, Institutional, Construction/Demolition waste (drywall, insulation, shingles, etc.) and all Commercial Waste (brush, stumps and recycling, etc.) -$95/tonne
- Loose waste, boats, truck caps - $95/tonne
- Freon removal charge - $20.00/item
- Mixed residential load - $5/bulky item
- RV Sanitary Disposal (Lindsay/Ops landfill only)- $5.00 flat rate
Advanced approvals required for the disposal of soils, asbestos and vacuum trucks. Please call 324-9411 or 1-888-822-2225 at ext. 1144 for more details.
We cannot accept materials from outside of our borders.