Do you have old, broken or unwanted electronics at your home or office? Are you looking for an environmentally friendly way to recycle them?
Electronic items are accepted free of charge at all Waste Management Facilities (landfills) during regular operating hours, and during Environmental Round-Up Days scheduled in June and July.
Accepted Electronic Items include:
- Computers, laptops and associated hardware
- Memory chips, sticks and drives
- Printers, copiers, scanners, label makers
- Pagers, fax machines, photocopiers
- Floor standing-printers
- Computer monitors
- Televisions (CRT, LCD, Plasma), VCR’s, DVD players
- Digital and non-digital cameras, PDA’s, digital picture frames
- Audio/ video players, video gaming devices and controllers
- Home and portable stereos, speakers, amplifiers, car stereos
- Telephones, answering machines, cell phones, Bluetooth devices, calculators
- Cables of any kind
- Small appliances (microwaves, toaster ovens, etc.)
- Cassettes, diskette’s, CD’s and DVD’s
- GPS with any accessories
- Electronic cash registers
- Power Tools
Please Note: Removal of personal information from computers is the responsibility of the owner prior to disposal.
The following are not accepted as electronics, however they can still be diverted from the landfill:
- Propane tanks are accepted as household hazardous waste (never put these in your recycling or waste)
- Electric motors and lawn cutting equipment is accepted as scrap metal
Electronic Drop-off Boxes:
These items are also accepted at all City landfill sites at no cost.