Household Battery Drop-Off Program
Batteries are not included in curbside collection and therefore should not be included in your waste, blue box or green box recycling.
- Cordless drill batteries
Batteries not accepted:
- Rechargeable battery packs - NiCad, NiMH, or Lithium Ion (typically used in laptop computers, cellular phones, power tools, etc.)
- 6-volt (often used in lanterns)
- Damaged or leaking batteries
- Wet cell batteries (such as automotive)
Batteries not accepted in the collection boxes can be brought to the City’s Household Hazardous Waste Depots at the Lindsay Ops or Fenelon Falls landfill sites.
Safe Storage of Batteries
Prior to recycling your batteries, please be sure to follow these safe battery storage guidelines:
- Store batteries in their original packaging in a dry, indoor place at room temperature
- Seal the contact point ends of 9V batteries with a piece of masking, electrical or duct tape