In support of the recycling efforts of our residents, the City’s Waste Management Division will once again be offering residents the opportunity to conveniently drop-off their unused Hazardous Household Waste, electronics small appliances, and bulky plastics at 4 Round-Up Days events being held throughout the City of Kawartha Lakes during June and July.
- Household Hazardous Waste (oils, cleaners, paints and more)
- Electronics, small appliances, batteries, CDs/DVDs
- Bulky, hard plastics (laundry baskets, tote bins, plastic chairs, milk crates, pet carriers, etc.) Items must be under 1 cubic metre with all non-plastic parts removed.
Events run from 9 am – 1 pm. All materials accepted free of charge.
Lindsay – Saturday, June 11
Fleming College, 200 Albert Street South, Lindsay
Coboconk – Saturday, June 25
Roads Depot, 2863 CKL Road #48, Coboconk
Fenelon Falls – Saturday, July 9
Fenelon Falls Community Centre, 27 Veteran’s Way, Fenelon Falls
Bobcaygeon – Saturday, July 23
Bobcaygeon Public School, 30 Balaclava Street, Bobcaygeon
Accepted items include:
Household Hazardous Waste
- Automotive products such as antifreeze, batteries, brake fluid, etc.
- Household products such as aerosols, cleaning products, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Batteries – single-use and rechargeable
- Hobby supplies such as glue, photography chemicals, etc.
- Mercury-containing items
- Paints, stains and solvents
- Gardening and pest control products
- Personal care products such as nail polish remover, hairspray etc.
- Computers and peripherals (keyboards, drives and modems)
- Printers, copiers, scanners, label makers
- Pagers, fax machines
- Computer monitors & televisions
- Digital and non-digital cameras, PDAs, digital picture frames
- Audio/ video players, video gaming devices, stereo systems, car stereos
- Telephones, answering machines, cell phones, calculators
- Small appliances (microwaves, toaster ovens, etc.)
- Diskettes, CDs, DVDs and VHS tapes
- Electronic cash registers
- Power tools
Important: Remove all non-plastic parts (metal, batteries, etc.). Keep size under one square meter.
- Lawn furniture
- Children’s toys
- Broken recycling boxes
- Toys (no batteries, wood, metal or wires)
- Large buckets (larger than 5-gallon in size, remove metal handle)
- Milk crates
- Landscape items (edging, trays, etc.)
- Laundry baskets
- Closet organizers
- Dish drainers
- Tote boxes and lids
- Drums (food grade only; no chemical containers)
- Pet carriers
- Flower pots and trays (clean, no soil or plant material)
- Large water bottles (5-gallon or larger)
- Garbage cans/waste baskets
- Small automotive parts (bumpers, grills and hubcaps)
- Clothes hangers
Backyard Composters will be available for sale during Round-Up Days at regular price, with a free kitchen catcher provided while supplies last.