Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) - Property Assessment Notice and Property Taxes and the Provincial Senior Homeowners’ Grant
- Frequently Asked Questions About Assessment
- Appealing your property assessment
- Frequently Asked Questions about Property Taxes and Reassessment
- Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant FAQ's
- Revenue and Taxation
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
The Government of Ontario has made a number of changes to the 2008 property assessment. These changes include:
- A four-year assessment update cycle - 2008 property assessment will apply for four tax years - 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Phase-in of assessment increases - i.e. if there is an increase in the property assessment compared to the previous 2005 assessment; the increase will be phased in equally over the four years.
- If there is a decrease in the property assessed value compared to the previous 2005 assessment, it will be reflected immediately in the 2009 tax year.
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) will be sending out property assessment notices beginning November 17, 2008 to all City of Kawartha Lakes property owners which will apply for four tax years: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
It is important that our property owners understand the impact of reassessment and the changes that are being implemented for the 2009 taxation year.
Please read the following information carefully. If you have any questions about this information, please contact MPAC directly at:
If you have not received your property assessment or have questions about your property assessment, you can contact MPAC directly: