Victoria Manor Home for the Aged, situated on Angeline Street South, Lindsay, was Victoria County’s first home for senior citizens. The original structure was built in 1906 and called ‘House of Refuge’.
In 1933 the name of the facility was changed to ‘Home for the Aged and Infirm’. A second addition was added in 1946. A third addition was added in 1957, and fourth and final addition was added in 1967. In 1968, the County passed a bylaw to change the name to ‘Victoria Manor’.
A new facility was opened in 1990. This existing building was designed by the architectural firm of Shore Tilbe Henschel Irwin Peters from Toronto, Ontario. It accommodates 166 Residents. Victoria Manor continues its tradition of quality care in a facility that will serve seniors for years to come
Victoria Manor is a municipally owned and operated facility, funded by the Long-Term Care Division of the Ministry of Health and the City of Kawartha Lakes, as well as by Residents’ fees and donations from private individuals and organizations.
The Manor is comprised of four wings (houses).